Saturday, March 21, 2009
THIS MARCH OF MANY MONTHS
Apparently March is a very busy month. EstyBloggers ask, “Which of the following means the most to you, why, and how do you celebrate/remember?”
* Irish American Month - I’m neither Irish nor American. I don’t even think either of these can be found ANYWHERE in my ancestry. However I do like potatoes, four leaf clovers, apple pie, and 2 out of 3 colours found in the American flag. I am eligible to become an American citizen however that would mean I’d also be eligible for jury duty. I think my most impressive asset to potential employers is that I will never have to take time off for jury duty.
* Music in Our Schools Month - Don’t they bring their Ipods to school every month??
* National Craft Month - Similar to the response I’d get when I’d ask, “When’s kid’s day?” EVERY month is craft month in my world.
* National Frozen Food Month -On behalf of Stouffers, I’d like to thank you for this honour that we initiated and paid big bucks for. If it warms up enough, I’ll celebrate by eating ice cream. A whole gallon. By myself. Because I care.
* National Irish American Heritage Month- designated by Congress in 1995. - Huh?
* National Nutrition Month - Ok, so I’ll eat something green. Like pistachio ice cream, which would kill two celebrations with one gallon.
* National Peanut Month - Where would the airlines be without peanuts? And while I don’t care for them myself, I do adore peanut butter. Not so much salmonella.
* National Women's History Month - I will celebrate by getting old. I am an undocumented part of women’s history.
* Poetry Month - "The March wind roars
Like a lion in the sky,
And makes us shiver
As he passes by.
When winds are soft,
And the days are warm and clear,
Just like a gentle lamb,
Then spring is here."
- Author Unknown
* Red Cross Month - If they had thrift stores I would celebrate by shopping there. Other than that, I’m all for them but that’s it.
* Social Workers Month - Why do they get a month and secretaries, I mean administrative assistants, only get a day? Do you have to take them out for lunch every day of March?