Wednesday, September 10, 2008

IF




First day of my weekend, stranded on the island of seed beads. I look out, I see nothing. How long can I go on?

My only form of sustenance, my beads and the Julie Ann Smith design, Scrappy Hearts. I can do this odd Odd Count. I can I can. No, I can’t. I won’t! Too much stress..must...rest...
I give up. Not worth the stress, an even count with a row of brick stitch looks just the same so why put myself through this?

Out damn seed beads. Have to start again. Okay, going fine now going fine going...not so fine. How did those amythest beads get mixed into the green beads? Out again. Well as long as I’m undoing I must be honest with myself. These colour combinations are yucky. I have to question my colour combining abilities. Perhaps Scrappy Hearts and I should take opposite spots on this island, live our days out alone. I’ve already given up on Odd Count, can I give up on Scrappy Hearts too and still be able to R E S P E C T myself? I will try one more time. You will not beat me Scrappy! (Sure is a lot of punctuation on this island.)

Fewer colours. Perhaps that is the secret to salvation. If Scrappy makes it out of this alive I will post a picture. IF.

(Pictured above, Spooky Kitties Bracelet. Design by Julie Ann Smith.)

7 comments:

  1. Omigosh I'm not the only one questioning my color matching skillz!! *laughs* I started making bracelets a few days ago, and the first one I made was blue goldstone and new jade. *ewwww*
    But my lil sister saw it and couldn't help but exclaim how those colors went together "perfectly!"
    Ahhh, I smiled.
    I'm beginning to wonder about this color blindness issue... *LOL*
    I hope your creation comes out lovely, I'm sure it will! Especially since you are courageous enough to battle the seed beeds. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you conquer the pattern that you are tussling with. I like the kitties in the pictured one..that is so cute!

    thanks for your comments on my blog and encouragement! I will be sure to tell Cameron what you said..I'm sure he agrees..hes a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great chuckle in the morning, thanks. Since the picture is Spooky Kitty, does that mean the hearts are out? I like Spooky Kitty too though. How do you manage all those teeny tiny beads? Can imagine.
    Lois
    http://www.abeadedaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, working with seed beads sure looks complicated. The piece you show is beautiful. I understand many hours are tied up in using seed beads.

    Best, Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bracelet - some cat lover will snap it up pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic kitty bracelet! It's amazing to me how you can get all those beads to line up like that. Must be very engrossing work. I just popped over to your Etsy shop and I love that cat/dog collar you have there with the paw prints on it. It would look so pretty on my Patches - but she wouldn't love me for it - she really dislikes having a collar on. And Dickon - the dickens - would destroy it in about half an hour! But really nice work on your part. It will make some kitty or little dog very happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to hear the frustrated ramblings of another beader, lol, cracks me up. But of course it's not so funny while you are having difficulty.

    Hope you master it soon. I'm sure it will be very pretty like your other work.

    Love that ring with the crystal square, it's so cool! Someday I would like to buy a little something from each of my beady friends. Tina

    ReplyDelete